Sunday, September 6, 2009

My New Crib in El Divisadero, Morazan!

I moved into my new site yesterday...or, I guess you can say my new house. I´m renting a 3 bedroom house (for $25 a month!) that lies about 100 ft. from the main highway. I live within a 5 minute walking distance to the nearby pueblo (town). It´s a pretty tranquilo (chill) spot...there´s a ciber cafe, a hardware store, other small tiendas/chill spots, a sweet futbol field, and a beautiful church. My house came partially furnished with a hammack, bed, table, and 2 chairs. There´s still quite a few things that I still need...such as a fridge and stove. Fortunately, Peace Corps gave us about $750 each for our first month, which gives me some budget to work with. All in all, I´m pretty excited to make my house into a home and to start working in my community! ojala (inshaAllah) =)

3 comments:

  1. Cool, when are we gonna see some pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. $750! So THAT'S where my tax dollars are going, eh?

    :D sólo bromeaba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tariq: I'm working on posting some pix, so soon inshaAllah.

    Zuhair: That's right, bro! your tax dollars are paying for my rent and underwear...so thanks, man! ;)

    ReplyDelete