Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chicken Tikka Masala, in El Salvador?


mmm...chicken tikka masala!

Indian Food is extremely difficult to find in El Salvador; in fact, there's a rumor going around that a South Indian restaurant supposedly exists in the capital (~4 hours from my site). So, I think it's safe to say that Chicken Tikka Masala (CTM), or any of my other favorite dishes, are beyond my reach...that is, unless, I cook them myself. ok, so I know what you're thinking..."but isn't CTM a British invention?" yes, it is, but it's HELLA good and, up until last night, I haven't had it in months!

I'm a Pakistani kid that grew up on Indian spices. So, being deprived in El Salvador is just not ok with me! Indian/Pakistani food is pretty much all I cook now, thanks to all the savory spices I carried back from the states. I pretty much mastered CTM last night and, for the upcoming week, I'm dreaming about some Achar Chicken and Lamb Ghobi...mmm...hell yeah!!!

1 comment:

  1. omg Amir you need to get back to the States and cook for ME! That looks SOOOO good!!! - jenn

    ReplyDelete